95' Passat Keyless Entry Now inop?

Discussion in 'VW Mk3 Jetta, Passat TDI and other/older diesels' started by Mark K Cunningham, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Mark K Cunningham

Mark K Cunningham New Member

Car:
    B4 VW Passat 95
    Mods:
    268 cam set modded ECU chip, Modded intake, High flow Cat, Dual Borla mufflers
    The 95' Passats used a keyless entry remote. No RFID chip needed to start this car. The remote for the car only locked the car but never unlocked and suddenly stopped working. Changed batteries and as usual on a lot of the Jettas and Passats the remote still wont work. Manual locking is good including the confirmed alarm beep. I did a lot of research on this and the wifes Jetta with no results. I did the 10 second unlock position and got 3 beeps but no remote reaction. Could it be the remote itself or the little white module box behind the head light switch has gone bad. is there a way to test one or both the remote or box?!

login to remove this ad
  2. xeno555

xeno555 Well-Known Member

Car:
    2012 TDI Tech Package 6mt
    Mods:
    Malone Stage II. Rawtek 3" from Turbo to Tail. Slammed on Koni. TSW Nurmburg Rims. Whiteline Sway & Ends. Panzer Plate.
    Look for manual rematching of KEYFOB.

3. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Also I removed your post in the wiki. It was redirected elsewhere anyways. If you have something for sale, please post in the classifieds.

4. Mark K Cunningham

Car:
    B4 VW Passat 95
    Mods:
    Oh ok sorry about that. Gone anyways.

5. Mark K Cunningham

Car:
    B4 VW Passat 95
    Mods:
    Can I ask what you mean by that?! Do you mean find a place that has the same keyfob by ID numbers

6. xeno555

Car:
    Mods:
    Malone Stage II. Rawtek 3" from Turbo to Tail. Slammed on Koni. TSW Nurmburg Rims. Whiteline Sway & Ends. Panzer Plate.
  7. Mark K Cunningham

Car:
    B4 VW Passat 95
    Mods:
    As much as I appreciate the link you provided mine has central locking system. The key itself does not have a RFID chip in the remote. It is however a keyless entry remote and that is all it does as well as set the alarm in the process. It does not require a chip to start the car.

8. xeno555

Car:
    Mods:
    Link has nothing to do with RFID... You can only lead a horse to water.

9. crsmp5

crsmp5 Well-Known Member

Car:
    85 kubvan
    95 not 05... he has a actual key ring thats got button to do things.... completly different set up..