2015 Golf or Jetta TDI MK7

Discussion in 'Mk7 VW Golf, Sportwagen and Audi A3 TDI forums' started by JeffsGolfTDI, Mar 27, 2017.

1. JeffsGolfTDI

JeffsGolfTDI Member

Car:
    2015 VW Golf TDI S
    Anyone done the fix for emissions (part 1 software)? Fuel MPG's go up or down?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  2. ComplexFiddler

ComplexFiddler New Member

Car:
    2014 Chevrolet Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel
    What fix are you talking about?

3. Ol'Rattler

Ol'Rattler Well-Known Member

Car:
    06 TDI Jetta
    I would say neither one. my 2006 BRM is probably the last TDI I will ever buy.

frodoz737 likes this.
  4. dlhovland

dlhovland New Member

Car:
    Jetta tdi/ 2013
    Stayed the same

5. Theomarakas

Theomarakas Member

Car:
    '13 Jetta Sportwagen TDI '15 Tiguan
    Mods:
    Too many too list
    Just bought one yesterday from the dealer brand new, $5k off MSRP and 72 months free financing. Deal is good until the end of May. Drove it briefly and didn't notice much of a change compared to my 2013 sportwagen TDI. I don't know what the MPG will be like or how it behaves on the highway because I only drove it around city streets. But then again....who cares? Malone and Kerma can fix the problem very easily. Here's something to consider. MK6 TDI are inexpensive, no Urea injection which gives you independent rear suspension. Infotainment and options on the MK7 are better, especially the stereo. Everything else.....is very similar unless you want to go for the driver assist package offered on the MK7. Personally I don't care for all the safety garbage, less things to break down and I like to drive the car not the car drive me. But....that 's just my opinion.
    I don't think that performance has changed, therefore the MPG should be the same. The Urea consumption will surely go up but the fluid is so cheap. The big question is what the numbers will look like when the final hardware recall gets performed next year. However, EPA as evil as it is....they won't approve anything so restrictive that messes up reliability. You should be in a good shape...