2014 Jetta GLI DSG Filter & Fluid Change Update

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by thunderstrike, Apr 4, 2017.

1. thunderstrike

thunderstrike New Member

Car:
    2014 Jetta GLI
    Mods:
    None
    This post is an update for 2014 GLI DSG procedure. I did the "fill from the top" method.

1. Drain - did it without lifting the vehicle, as 2014 has no splash guard. You can access the drain plug without lifting the vehicle.
    2. Drain pan. I used a water heater drain pan, plastic type from Home Depot for $11. After the drain, I had to measure the fluid drained. This was tricky. I used a 1/4 inch wooden board to lift the drain pan on a table. Then made a large hole on the duck tape I used to seal the drain hole. I drained 4.6L.
    3. I used the Walmart's measured drainer with hose you see people using to fill 4.6L of the fluid.

Overall, the procedure wasn't that hard. Took care to do the right math converting Quart size to Liter using Google.
    After the filter & fluid change, my GLI drove much more smoother.

2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    No splash guard that isn't normal. Is that 6 or 7 speed DSG as both are fitted to 2014 Jetta?

3. thunderstrike

thunderstrike New Member

Car:
    2014 Jetta GLI
    Mods:
    None
    2014 GLI DSG is a 6 speed. It does have a what I call "mini" splash guard at the front as to avoid water shooting upward the space between radiator-engine.

But, no splash guard to interfere access to DSG drain plug.