2012 Passat cam timing marks

Discussion in '2012-2016 VW Passat TDI forum' started by larryejoh, Feb 18, 2017.

1. larryejoh

larryejoh New Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SE
    I had to remove my head due to the water pump seizing and taking out the timing belt. I can't find any timing marks between the intake and exhaust cams to reinstall them. Does anyone have instructions?

2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    I don't have any instructions for the newer TDI. What's the engine code I will have a browse of ElsaWin?

3. larryejoh

larryejoh New Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SE
    Here is the code from the timing belt cover. CKR070560

4. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    I've had a look in ElsaWin I didn't know your engine code. They always miss a letter of the code on the timing belt cover so its:

Manufacturer: VW, Mounting Time: 04/2011-06/2014, Model: Passat/4Motion/Variant, Engine Code: CKRA, 103Kw, 140PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls , Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR)

The Type Code as that shows more details. Check the Type Code on the data sticker on the first page of the service schedule or on the boot floor and post it back?

Options Sticker and Engine Codes

I've just started a new file in TDI timing belts. I chose Jetta 2.0 TDI-CR Trend 81 TD 16223A just to look at the Fuses & Relays I've made a 47 page PDF.

While I was in there I looked for timing belt and they list it as toothed belt so I making a new Timing Belt file. I looked at my TDI Timing Belts App which only shows Jetta 2.0D TDI CR 2008-11 CBDA, CBDB, CEGA and it looks the same.

I've just gone back in for a 2012 Jetta it doesn't show CKRA engine, so I need your Type Code?

5. larryejoh

larryejoh New Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SE
    The engine code on the sticker in the trunk is 103kwtdi m6f ckr ngb .

6. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    As I've said:
    Its the Type Code (a 6 character number) I need as we know the CKRA engine code but that's not listed in ElsaWin under 2012 Passat.

2012 Passat starts with 363, 2012 Passat Variant starts with 365

7. larryejoh

larryejoh New Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SE
    This is my data sticker.

Attached Files:

8. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Thanks for the Type Code A32372, US Passat Comfo 103T.

I searched for toothed timing belt as that's what they call the timing belt.

→ Rep. gr.15; Toothed belt drive; Removing and installing toothed belt but nothing shows. As I've said my TDI Timing Belts app is going to be close. I've checked other TDI engine and the spec shown is the same as my app.

It shows all fuses & relays if you want that PDF file?

If shows other engine codes in that group. CKRA CFFB CVCA DEKA so I will add North American Region (NAR) to my app

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  9. larryejoh

larryejoh New Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SE
    I need the information on how the two cams are set in time . I have how to set the timing belt. The only two marks on both gears are 1.3 that when they are together it looks like it might be close.