2012 jetta S gasser front end clunk on appl of brakes

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by redtdi966, Sep 4, 2017.

1. redtdi966

redtdi966 New Member

Car:
    jetta / 2009
    2012 jetta S gasser front end clunk on appl of brakes. Driving slow, just past a creep, when the front brakes are applied the pass wheel lurches backward.
    I have a youtube video to show the lurching/clunk. I finally found some one to drive the car for a video. I just replaced the frame to body bolts and spacers..... but then I saw the real problem.

Pads are fine, car runs fine at speed just the clunk,

Yes I know that it is not a diesel but it is so freaking hard to log in to VW VORTEX that I'd thought I'd try here at yout

Thanks
    Bruce (my daughters car)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  2. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2014 BMW 328D xDrive
    Mods:
    '12 Golf TDI sold to VW 2/8/17
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  3. mbaker

mbaker Member

Car:
    2005 Golf TDI, 2000 Golf TDI
    Your lower control arm bushings are shot. My daughter got an 01 Beetle and when you started and stoped it the front wheels would move an inch forward or backward.

4. redtdi966

redtdi966 New Member

Car:
    jetta / 2009
    will do, I did not want to buy w/o some direction on this problem. Sounds like a cheap thing to try

5. idoseadoo

idoseadoo New Member

Car:
    2011 VW Jetta TDI
    Mods:
    GLI body kit
    Did that fix it? If it's not that, it's the strut mount. I have a clunk, and I've replaced my lower control arm bushings. You only need to replace the one in the rear (big rubber one). The skinny one rarely ever goes bad IMO. Anyway, that didn't fix me, so now I'm wondering about the strut mount...