2011 + VW Jetta TDI reviews, FAQ, and buying guide

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by chittychittybangbang, Jul 15, 2010.

1. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Yes, larger screen, higher resolution display (I could care less about this through, not watching DVDs on it...although you can), onboard memory.

Worse control since the control knob on the 315 is just better. Also slightly faster reponse. Check out my review videos in the FAQ

2. Drjack126

Drjack126 New Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI 2011 6 speed
    Mods:
    2005 Jetta Wagon TDI Previous
    I just purchased 2011 Jetta TDI Sedan 6 speed - how do I track and find manuals just to learn about the new engine design. I traded a 2005 TDI Jetta wagon.

3. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
  4. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Guide updated for model year 2014 changes and the EA888 generation TDI engine which will replace the CJAA code engine.

5. CaptRF

CaptRF New Member

Car:
    VW,Jetta,2011
    Want to share some Info on my 2011 TDi Jetta Sport Wagon... I purchased new in February 2011, it has 6 speed manual trans.. to date I now have 145,000 miles driven. Another 75,000 miles that have been Towed, behind RV's.. I'm a retired airline/corporate pilot/aircraft mechanic. Now using the Jetta for transportation upon delivery of new manufactured RV's then dead-heading back to factories, at times over two thousand miles to pick up another new RV to deliver to RV dealers in US and Canada.. Pulling the the Jetta to the dealerships. I share this only to give you Input on how well the car has performed after 27 months.
    Overall, I give it a 9 on scale of 10. I have had the normal recommended maintenance, just replaced Brakes, Rotors and Timing Belt, Water Pump, Serp Belt at 140,000 miles. I now have P13D7 fault code, showing, which is Glow Plug Pressure regulator on #4 Glow Plug which is built in to the Glow Plugs.. part #03L905061F, I will replace all four this week.. about a 30 minute job.
    This car has performed excellently, with average fuel economy between 42-48, cruise speeds 68-72 mph. I did encounter one time, what I call a Liquid Lock during an unusual situation, which could have turned out to be catastrophic, but did not because I luck and knowledge. Warning. If you ever start your Jetta in extreme low ambient temperatures. I mean, well below freezing.. 15 degrees Fahrenheit or colder.. Make Sure You operate the TDi to full operating temperature, not just idle for short period and shut off.. as Condensation will build, freeze, thaw, collect in the Induction system, then when in warm temps, if you go to start the Liquid will Ingest and upon start up, will Lock/Stop engine from rotation/start.. Do Not Attempt to Restart.. as you may do Serious damage internally.. Get the engine,car into a warmer dry environment before restarting.. VW has a Bulletin about this issue... Some Jetta's have the Fix from the Factory on later model's mine was early production and did not.. There is a kit from the Dealer to prevent this from happening in future..
    One Issue that has been plagued my Jetta. After the first year about 55,000 miles , A/C became intermittent. It would work, however, when it decided it was time.
    You call for A/C, it may start working after 5 or 6 minutes, then it would be so cold you would have to warm the temp setting, other times, you'd call for it would not work, then start working.. I had VW work on it.. they replaced the Compressor, but in turn it is really the relay control valve that is mounted internally of the side of the A/C compressor.. VW will not replace the valve (a $70 part) they replace the compressor ($500).. That was after the first year, now past the second year I have the same problem again.. This time I will replace the valve myself.. My only issue.. I love my Jetta and I would recommend the TDi.. I'm sure the 2013/14 models have improved this seemed to be a past issue with earlier models. Happy Driving, Enjoy a Great Car and TDi. The car is still solid and tight with over 225,000 miles.. Someone asked me while I was filling up with Diesel, how I liked the car? My reply "If I could drive two at once, I'd buy another one" :)

F1wanabe likes this.
  6. hytron

hytron Member

Car:
    2006 VW Jetta TDI 1.9L
    I just bought a 2015 Jetta TDI SE model and I cannot find a coolant temp gauge!!! Went briefly through the menu but didn't find it there. Any ideas?? Am I missing something???

7. mcfisticuffs

mcfisticuffs New Member

Car:
    VW Jetta 2011
    It doesn't have one.