2011+ Jetta TDI (and 2010+ VW Golf) Vag Com, which do I need and list of mods?

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by the67beast, Jul 2, 2011.

1. the67beast

the67beast New Member

Car:
    2011 Jetta TDI w/ Nav
    Mods:
    Stainless Steel Tips, Rear Lip Spoiler, Color Matc
    Hi.. new to VW and TDI.. Just ordered a micro-can, was wondering if there is a list/thread of choices / options that are available for the 2011 USA Jetta TDI with Vag Com?

Thanks

login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    All mk5 and mk6 VW use CAN-BUS communication. mk6 includes all 2010+ VW Golf TDI, 2011+ VW Jetta TDI, and 2009+ VW Jetta Sportwagen (JSW or Golf wagon).

The correct Ross tech VCDS cables you can use are the HEX-CAN (works on CAN BUS and earlier K-line) or the micro-CAN (works on CAN BUS only).

For a full list of choices and options, go to each module and there are drop down boxes which can show you documented changes. For a list of common modifications, see the mk6 DIY list at the sticky post in this forum or here: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a6/a6-VW-Golf-Jetta-TDI-DIY-index.htm and scroll down to VCDS modifications. I don't want to include a full list here because it'll be too difficult to keep so many different sources updated so please refer to the DIY list.

For any specific questions on VCDS please post to the VCDS support forum section here: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/f24/

3. the67beast

the67beast New Member

Car:
    2011 Jetta TDI w/ Nav
    Mods:
    Stainless Steel Tips, Rear Lip Spoiler, Color Matc
    Thanks Chitty... by the way, did you see ChittyChittyBangBang just sold for $800,000

4. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
  5. Mark 99

Mark 99 New Member

Car:
    Jetta tdi 2000
    movie

haha not too bad for an old movie like that! :p

6. muvywriter

muvywriter New Member

Car:
    Golf TDI 2011
    Because I feel so ignorant regarding the TDI miracle engine I've seldom approached this forum since I got my first 2011 Golf TDI new that year. Now with 40K miles the CEL has blazed on a day or two ago and I have no idea what to do besides to park it which I did. Went to Autozone this morning for their free OBD checkup and was told the trouble was a "defective glowplug" according to their P13CE code. Called the St. Louis VW dealer where I bought the car and was of course advised that such code could mean, literally, anything and to "get it here as soon as possible" so they could deal with it Not knowing what horrors I'd encounter there considering this car is out of warranty I did some research regarding the OBD scanners and found this one for sale at Amazon: Autel MaxiService VAG505 VW AUDI SEAT SKODA OBD2 Code Scan Diagnostic Tool; it seems it may be the only one available without mortgaging my house that will read the 2011TDI information. From there, well, I'm lost. The wife is getting perturbed that I am borrowing her Veloster {she gets the truck} until this anomaly is fixed because of my 108 mile daily drive to work {the reason I bought the TDI}. Any helpful information would be appreciated, especially how to change a glowplug should that be the problem. Thanks for any reply.

7. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I don't know much about that tool but I can recommend VCDS. It does almost everything and some things more than, the dealer tool. It's not just a code scanner, it's a module coder, datalogger, and more.

But regarding that code, you could just replace that 1 glowplug and see if it's fixed. See FAQ for intake mani removal DIY.

8. Peca

Peca Member

Car:
    Passat b5, 2000, 85 KW
    The best VAG tool

9. Outrider

Outrider Member

Car:
    2011 JSW TDI
    Muvywriter, following up on CCBB's advice. If you value your time, spend the money and get VCDS from Ross-Tech or from one of Ross-Tech's authorized dealers.

Used may be cheaper, but Ross-Tech won't support used devices. Many buy used VCDS and have no problems, though. You way the risks/ rewards.

I'll also caution against cheap e-Bay knock-offs, since they are leeching off others' work.

My son is a mechanic and he's recently purchased an expensive Snap-on OBD diagnostic tool. I compare results all the time, since I can. VCDS seems to provide more useful info, even though they've always pulled the same codes.

Back on topic. OP... CCBB's advice, as always is sound. First, scan your car and save the results. Then play. Same goes for coding strings for big strings, like you can get out of the body control module. Makes it easier to revert back to original state.

10. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
  11. Walter ushe

Walter ushe New Member

Car:
    Jetta 4 2000 1.9TDI
    Mods:
    Hi guys i have a jetta 4 2000 1.9TdI. every morning it gives me a hard start. i checked the GPs and found out that if i bridge the wire from battery to GPs they turn On, but if they are connected the normal way, they do not light on. i am now suspecting either relay of fuse but i cant seem to find where the relays are positioned. does anyone have an idea where i should check for relays please. when starting it gives off a white smoke, smelling diesel and it starts after cranking 2 or 3 times.

Walter

12. xeno555

xeno555 Well-Known Member

Car:
    2012 TDI Tech Package 6mt
    Mods:
    Malone Stage II. Rawtek 3" from Turbo to Tail. Slammed on Koni. TSW Nurmburg Rims. Whiteline Sway & Ends. Panzer Plate.
    Jeeze your just posting this everywhere... As stated in other thread:

Wrong section... BTW glow plugs do not turn on, if above 40 degrees.

Sounds like injection timing off or low compression.