2011+ Jetta and Golf spec sheets and pricing changes

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by chittychittybangbang, Jun 9, 2010.

1. rhino1829

rhino1829 Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI
    I'd be really interested to see the new 2012 spec sheets for pricing when they're available. I have a lease scheduled to go back in January of 2012 and might pay to get out early to get into a new Golf TDI(October/November time window). Does anyone know, are the colors going to remain the same from 2011 to 2012? Also does anyone know what the timeframe for an order to be fulfilled and shipped from Germany to the US? Also would it be beneficial if ordering to get one of the last 2011 allocations, or just do a new 2012 allocation since the new model year usually comes out in September/October. Or just try make the best deal on one that's already on the ground here in the US?

Thanks for any help!

2. jbkendrick

jbkendrick New Member

Car:
    2011 VW Golf TDI
    Mods:
    ECS Aspherical Mirrors
    MPG's

Since you've been driving a TDI for a while I was wondering what kind of mpg you are getting. I'm doing all around at 43, but only have 2300 miles and am hoping for an improvement. Sorry I jumped into this thread without being able to address your concerns. I took delivery from stock in Maryland 7 weeks ago and there were still plenty of TDI's to be had in the mid atlantic at that time. John

3. rpmmachine

rpmmachine New Member

Car:
    1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
    Mods:
    JDM Tails, Intake, Exhaust, Springs, Wheels
    Suspension 'Lowering'

I always see this Sport Suspension - Vehicle Lowering on the car descriptions but I'm unaware of what it actually means. I went to test drive a TDI a month ago and the salesperson (albeit a knucklehead to begin with) looked at me like i had two heads when i asked about it. Is this simply a different suspension that is lower than the non-TDI golf or is it a system that mechanically lowers while you drive ala some of the ultralux SUV's?

4. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    People have looked into the Golf's sport suspension and it basically means that because the Golf's diesel engine is heavier, the spring rate is higher. The car is not deliberately lowered vs. the base 2.5 and the sway bars are the same.

So yes it's different and stiffer but only because the engine is heavier. There is nothing fancy and it's not purposely lowered to the best of my knowledge.

5. architect

architect New Member

Car:
    2001 Honda CR-V SE
    Found this 2012 price and order guide here and thought it might be helpful in determining the new model year changes to the entire VW lineup:
    http://www.hewlettvw.com/Volkswagen-Retail-Order-Guide

The big change I noticed was the White Gold color is "no longer orderable" on the 2012 JSW. :(

Also has anyone else noticed the cool new shift lever on the 2011+ models?
    [​IMG]
    Nice change from the chunky old tee-handle!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2011
  6. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Good catch! I missed that in the buying guides and will add that in.:bowdown

7. bspath

bspath New Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI 4dr 6M Tech
    Has VW raised the prices of the Golf TDI recently? The MSRP of the 4 dr Golf TDI with Tech Package appears to be $28,340.00 vs. $28,065.00 last month.