I'm at a crossroads right now, just wondering if this forum has thoughtful inputs to help guide my decision making. In May 2015, I purchased a dealer sold 2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition. It had 77,675 miles at the time. Had all available options (TDI Cup Edition Body Kit, Touchscreen Navigation, DSG, Sunroof, Wing Spoiler, Mat Kit, Media Device Interface). The car was in excellent condition, with the dealer doing a complete wheel refinish, new Goodyear tires & brakes & rotors, new windshield and new headlight assemblies, and refinished the front and rear bumpers, plus did the DSG oil & filter change, brake flush/replacement, coolant flush and replacement, etc. Paid $17,050 at the time (including a $2,000.00 bumper-to-bumper 3-year warranty extension, plus all taxes). Of course, September 2015 comes along and changes everything. Today, the car is still slightly under 80,000 miles. I didn't want to drive it in Wisconsin winters, and kept my old car for winter driving and just ended up using it most of the good weather times. My VW buyback payment would be $17,867 (as any folks with TDI Cup Editions, you either know or will find out the NADA clean trade-in values do not consider key option values on the TDI Cup Edition, namely the Cup Edition Body Kit ($2,350.00 option value), Wing Spoiler ($499.00 option value), Mat Kit ($225.00 option value), and Media Device Interface ($199.00 option value), so $3,273.00 of options on an original window sticker of $32,903.00 (or almost exactly 10%) of the original value of this car is omitted in the NADA clean trade-in value determination. That said, the buy back would cover my total original purchase cost, and I could get back some of the remaining value on my warranty contract. My VW restitution payment is $5,466.73 (if I take the emissions fix, which hasn't yet been proposed, much less EPA & CARB approved). How much this emissions fix will affect performance and economy, of course, isn't know. Plus, I'm thinking it likely there will be no emissions fix (either offered by VW or accepted by the EPA & CARB), so this option may not exist in the end. I thought a Gen I TDI emissions fix proposal was due by VW on January 27, 2017, but I haven't heard if this deadline was met by VW or not. I have heard a new deadline is now set for March 3, 2017 for the Gen I 2.0L TDI's. Anyone know anything more about this? Of course, then there is the Opt Out option and just keep it. Given I would have to keep it until the wheels fall off because of how limited my selling options would be (couldn't sell it to regions where emissions testing is done, of course). Now I also understand Bosch is participating in an additional restitution ($1,500.00 for 3.0L TDI's, and $375.00 for 2.0L TDI's). For the 3.0L TDI's, I understand Bosch is also providing some kind of extended warranty on the engine components, including pumps, injectors, etc. For the 2.0L TDI, this would have a lot of value given the issues associated with the high pressure fuel pump failures. One, I don't know why the 2.0L TDI receives so much less restitution value than the 3.0L TDI owners receive. Two, I don't think the 2.0L TDI owners get a Bosch warranty extension like the 3.0L TDI owners get. Not sure on this, but this is what I am thinking. So, given all this, anyone out there have any good inputs to help me with my decision process?