2010 Golf Wagon Comfortline Radio Question

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by patrickivan, Mar 20, 2017.

1. patrickivan

patrickivan New Member

Car:
    Golf Wagon TDI, 2010
    Title Correction SPORTWAGEN, not Sport Wagon LOL

Hi

First post here. I've been going through threads for various information on thing. Lots of great stuff here. Good to hear about the fan running after a short trip is normal.

I just got my first TDI this past Sat.

So far I don't have any big questions. The forum here and various other VW sources are pretty good at helping me out.

One thing that is really bugging me though, is the radio. There seems to be so many different types, and I'm seeing model numbers that a lot of people refer to, and it's just confusing me.

Here's the thing. Mine has the simple since CD radio. No features. Just 6 preset stations (3 on either side of the display). The only auxiliary station is a stereo jack under the arm console. I have no steering wheel convenience buttons. My MFD is the white display, but it doesn't say much. Temp, odo, trip, maintenance.

Now for the questions.

I want a radio with bluetooth phone receiver/calling (and text reading if available- but not a huge issue if not). From what I can tell, it's not really a simple process to install a stock VW system with bluetooth, correct? Because those radios are connected to external bluetooth units?

I don't care about modding the sound system at all. I just don't want a mess of external devices like a bluetooth unit I have to charge, et c.

If I wanted to install an aftermarket stereo with built in bluetooth, are there any special considerations I need to look after?

Heck, finding a wiring harness adapter seems difficult. Not like my last car. It was all quite simple.

Anyway, I'm still looking through the treads, but it really is getting confusing because people are referring to multiple radios and vehicles, and it's just making me nuts trying to figure it out.

Of course maybe the best option is to take it to an audio installer and get it done professionally.

Thank

2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Your spec says: Golf Wagon TDI not Jetta SportWagon as I've changed the title, you need to confirm these details?

You can remove Volkswagen as we know who makes them?

3. patrickivan

patrickivan New Member

Car:
    Golf Wagon TDI, 2010
    I thought it was referred to as a Jetta Sportwagen in the US? Thought I'd just use both to help since I imagined a lot of forum users were from the US.

I have a Golf wagon TDI comfortline.

I may have just added confusion. My apologies.