2010 -2014 VW Golf TDI buying checklist and FAQ

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by chittychittybangbang, Sep 22, 2009.

1. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    The most current information from VW has been added and summarized in the buyer's checklist article with invoice pricing.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a6/2010-2011-VW-Golf-TDI-buyers-checklist.htm

VW's site is up and I think it's going to stay up this time, lol. Even though the mk6 Golf body is similar to the mk5 Golf/Jetta body, there are enough changes under the skin to warrant a new sub forum. This will also leave room for expansion for the 2011 VW Jetta TDI and NCS NMS, the new compact sedan and new compact sedan planned for 2012 and 2013 and beyond.

The 2010 Jetta sportwagen / Golf wagon will stay in the mk5 section because although it has the mk6 bumper, under the skin (door modules, misc. items, suspension tuning, engineering revisions) it's a mk5. There will be lots of cross posting so if you have a 2010 wagon, please refer to both sections. For the same reason, the 2010 wagon buyer's guide is part of the 2009 sedan/wagon buyer's guide. Notes on changes for 2010 are in the 2009-2010 VW TDI changes article.

2010 Audi A3 will stay in the mk5 forum they are based off mk5 bodies.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2009
  2. vw709

vw709 New Member

....waiting for them to take it down again. It's not linked to from the main page yet

3. Vent5

Vent5 New Member

Makes sense but maybe the mk6 golf should be called a mk5.5? BTW, why do you call it mk6 instead of the more common mkvi?

4. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    VW calls the new golf a mk6. There have been models which got next gen designations like the B4, which was a major revision of the b3. But when the b5 got major revisions to the chassis, body, and more, it was only called the b5.5.

VW also calls the 2010 wagon a golf but aside from the front bumper/fender, there's not much real difference under the skin vs. the 2010 sedan which is definitely a mk5. Since the difference between the sedan and wagon are only cosmetic and not functional (like the wiring, door modules, assembly modules) I prefer to keep it in the mk5 section.

I just call it mk5, mk6 because it means less typos and is easier/faster to type. It's technically mark 5, mark 6. mkii and mkiii works but by the time they get to mkLIV I think the other way will be easier to understand and less prone to mistyping.

5. tutstye

tutstye New Member

Wow, some nice changes to the Golf! I saw the pictures of the wagon and I like it more than the old style. It looks shorter and wider.

6. mrlinch

mrlinch Member

Car:
    2010 VW Golf TDI
    The site should be up for good now. I signed up for updates on the new Golf from VW.com and they just sent me an e-mail with a link to that same page.

Still not linked from main page of course, but one step closer.

But does it matter anymore when I've already ordered mine? =P

7. Chunk Male

Chunk Male New Member

OK, I am still new here, but here is my question:

The 2010 VW Golf (incl. TDI) site is up with specs, pricing and options, but the car is not likely to come in until next year (from what I heard).

On the other hand, I can't find any information about the 2010 VW Jetta TDI SportWagen on the official site, but the car is already being sold (I just looked at one at the dealer).

Any clues?

8. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Clues to what- that they have a bad website?

That VW leaked official Golf pricing a while ago on their website filled with typos, then took it down, then raised the pricing and put it back up?

And that the wagon still isn't on the site?

I just updated the 09-10 differences article and as more care are delivered and more differences are found I'll continue to update it.

9. Chunk Male

Chunk Male New Member

Yes, exactly that.

As I mentioned, I am pretty new here, but already wondering about their marketing strategy, if there is any. Things like that - bad website, leaking incorrect pricing, inconsistent timing of product announcements - just feed the rumor mill and cause uncertainty for customers. Then again, what would we be doing with all our free time?

10. xmachineheadx

xmachineheadx New Member

Take some pics and post them up when you get it!

11. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Now that many Golf are out on the street, the article has been fully overhauled top-bottom. Some changes in the last few months: pricing from VW, available colors with actual cars pictured, options. A pic of a fuel filter with shredded metal flakes in it was also added and the fuel filter change article has been split into 2 separate articles: 05.5-06 and 09-10, to address the multiple part numbers and flaking problems.

12. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    2011 Golf info added as people are starting to take delivery. The 2010 vs. 2011 Golf TDI diffferences are noted in the article. Interestingly enough, since the Jetta TDI moved a little downmarket, the Golf is now the premium vehicle.

13. dieseldiesel

dieseldiesel New Member

Car:
    2001 jetta
  14. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Updates for 2012 that have been added to the FAQ.

RCD510 radio now has HD radio standard.

LED daytime running lights standard on 2012 VW GOlf TDI with xenon HID headlights.

No more individual option choices. The options now come in packages.

15. HRC-E.B.

HRC-E.B. New Member

Car:
    2012 4-door Golf TDi (6MT)
    Quick question: does anyone know why it's not possible to get features like HID-LED headlights or Dynaudio sound on Canadian TDi Golf like you guys get in the US, even though we pay (several thousands) more?

I've got a top-of-the-line Highline with Nav, and I did not even have the OPTION to get these two features! :(

16. immtx

immtx New Member

Car:
    2012 golf tdi with tech package
    It doesn't make sense to me either, I know I wish they offered leather seats here in the US.