2009 Jetta TDI (CBEA) LIMP and P0403 (1027)

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI forum' started by Beniamin Rolea, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Beniamin Rolea

Beniamin Rolea New Member

Car:
    2009 Jetta TDI SW
    Today, coming home in a snow storm, my son driving and me as passenger, there was a glow plug intermittent light on and a message: engine fault: workshop. There was clearly less than usual power.
    Scan and get the code: P0403 (1027). Exhaust Gas Recirculation Circuit.
    Cleared the code and 2 hour later car not starting anymore. Any ideas?

2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    VAG Error Code: 16787/001027/4891/4892/7461/7462

EOBD II Error Code: P0403

Fault Location:
    Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Recirculation Valve (N18) - Malfunction

Possible Cause:
    Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.
    Rough Idle Speed and/or Engine stalling.
    Loss of Power.

Fuse(s).
    Wiring/Connector(s).
    Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Recirculation Valve (N18) stuck/faulty.

Possible Solutions:
    Check/Replace Fuse(s).
    Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
    Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).
    Check/Replace Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Recirculation Valve (N18).

When is the code detected?:
    An improper voltage signal is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM) through the valve.

As taken from my new Free EOBD II Error Codes software

3. Beniamin Rolea

Beniamin Rolea New Member

Car:
    2009 Jetta TDI SW
    Today I did a check at dealership: all emission system parts must be replaced, 7000$ only in parts. The adviser told me is not worth. He said either to return the car in buy-back program, either go with all emission delete tuning. I don't know what to do...

4. semecristian

semecristian New Member

Car:
    2006 VW Jetta TDI BRM 5M and 2004 VW Jetta TDI BEW 5A
    Mods:
    2004 Jetta TDI with Stage 1+ Unitronic
    Find a VW guru closeby. Clean/ ressurect EGR. Worst case demount EGR, turbo, exhaust and intake manifold, clean, clean, clean , maybe replace egr if it doesnt work after clean. Then get a Dynamic EGR tune from Malone. That will not run you anywhere near 7k LOL.. A new egr valve IF your doesnt get ressurected, is around 150$.. and the work to get parts off and clean, you could do it yourself or get a guru private mechanic to do it. And have him check exacty whats up with it. Dealrships will go for the REPLACE OF TURBO ( like 2k $) instead of replacing a bad VNT valve or such ( copple hundred dollars..). Also dealrships will ask you to REPLACE all emmisions parts, instead of CLEANING THEM. Emmision parts are basically some tubes with exhaust smoke goes through them, or cooland, and one valve ( EGR). Thats it. Dont fall for that, its bullshit.
    I'm assuming the EGR is clogged to the point it not operating anymore because of carbon, wich is an easy fix, you can do it yourself. Find it, take it out, clean, lube, mount back. You cant **** it more its its ****ed already ;)