2006 jetta tdi cooling fans not working

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI forum' started by KROB, Jun 20, 2017.

1. KROB

KROB New Member

Car:
    2006 vw jetta
    hi all new here thanks for reading neither of my cooling fans are working. turn the a/c on and the fans do not come on thought the fans went bad i know its a common problem so i replaced them and still the same thing. i have power and ground at the body side of the connector (the 2 large wires) but dont know what the 2 smaller wires are for. possible signal wires? the one thing i did find was a 40 amp maxi fuse in the engine box was melted at 1 ear the fuse was not blown but i dont know if that was not already there bought the car about 4 months ago. any ideas? fuse box.jpg

Attached Files:

2. drajac

drajac New Member

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Same problem here. Both fans not working, ac works intermittently. Fuses seem fine, apparently there is an ac pressure sensor/switch that may be the culprit. VCDS doesn't come up with anything.

3. drajac

drajac New Member

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I found the problem to be 50 amp fuse on the front of the fuse box (not the one in the pic above). However, big fan is always on at full speed now.