2006 Jetta Slow shifting

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI forum' started by spectre, Sep 4, 2017.

1. spectre

spectre New Member

Car:
    vw jetta tdi 2006
    Jetta 2006 tdi ck eng lite is on code shows low mass air flow have spent much money replacing parts to get the ck eng lite off and it is still on. I found a plastic pointed nozzle coming out of a small black hose at the right rear of the valve cover I cannot find where it goes it sucks air in. Does the automatic transmission or the ecm use vacuum to control the transmission shifting. I am afraid to take it back to the VW dealer to find out what is wrong I have spent $2500.00 to get the ck eng lite problem fixed and it is still on. I hope someone can give me an idea on how to fix it.

2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing.

Post moved to correct section. ;)

3. spectre

spectre New Member

Car:
    vw jetta tdi 2006

4. spectre

spectre New Member

Car:
    vw jetta tdi 2006
    I am at my wits end I had it scanned at the dealer $135.00 and was told the egr cooler bad and the cam also needed to be replaced both items including the mass air flow sensor were replaced and the error code is still showing mass air flow low circuit A. I do not know if their VCDS is bad or they do not know what they are doing or if they are just ripping me off. Its hard to find good reputable mechanics.I am going to take it back to them and see what they say wish me luck.

5. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    If you paid for a VW dealer scan you should have a printout of the error codes with description. I need to know the exact error codes.

6. spectre

spectre New Member

Car:
    vw jetta tdi 2006

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017
  7. spectre

spectre New Member

Car:
    vw jetta tdi 2006
    The only code I was given was p0102 and it stated mass or volume circuit low air flow also #1 short in mass air flow ckt #2 improper voltage at maf sensor #3 faulty maf. I did ck the voltage going to the maf and I believe it was 10 or 12 volts going into the maf sensor I was unable to ck the out voltage from the maf sensor but I changed the maf sensor with a new one. I did find a black pointed nozzle coming out of a black hose near the right rear upper side of the valve cover just aft of the tandem pump it is a vacuum line and I have been unable to find out where it goes I am going to take it back to the dealer Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017
  8. spectre

spectre New Member

Car:
    vw jetta tdi 2006

9. spectre

spectre New Member

Car:
    vw jetta tdi 2006
    Car is back in shop the black nozzle is the vacuum line that connects to the valve cover the dealer mechanic lost the hose that connects them together. Now they are checking the wiring from the MAF sensor to the ecm and also the ground connections all I need for them to do is tell me what is wrong they have told me it could be the ecm.