146k JSW TDI, dealership wants 2.5k to replace clogged DPF. Considering delete.

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by ranma2913, Feb 6, 2017.

?

Which DPF Delete kit is better?

1. BuzzKen DPF Delete Downpipe for MK5 & MK6 Golf/Jetta/New Beetle TDI - $705.00 - www.fixmyvw.com

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Rawtek - Jetta - TDI DPF & EGR Delete Exhaust ECO Kit (2009-2015) - $875.00 - www.fixmyvw.com

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ranma2913

ranma2913 New Member

Car:
    VW Jetta 2012 TDI Manual SportWagen
    Hi I had my car in the shop last week to diagnose no turbo power, DPF light, and flashing igniter light on dash. VW says my DPF is shot and wants 2.5k to replace it. I'm also leaking some oil into inter-cooler tube on the right side, but that's another problem to fix.

I'm considering just installing a DPF and EGR delete kit and getting a 0.5-1.5 Stage tune from Malonetuning.

Anyone installed either of these kits and have any thoughts?
    • [​IMG]
    I've included the price with shipping to my location. I'm wondering if the extra price is worth it, or can I just spend the extra $170 on my tune. I see from the design that there are less pieces in the BuzzKen. Does anyone know if it's harder to install that way?

Also does anyone know if these kit's replace everything from the turbo to the pipe leading to the muffler? I'm looking to delete the exhaust back pressure valve as well.

login to remove this ad
  2. xeno555

xeno555 Well-Known Member

Car:
    2012 TDI Tech Package 6mt
    Mods:
    Malone Stage II. Rawtek 3" from Turbo to Tail. Slammed on Koni. TSW Nurmburg Rims. Whiteline Sway & Ends. Panzer Plate.
    Not going for the recall?

Get stage 2 for extra exhaust.

3. numnut30002000

numnut30002000 New Member

Car:
    passat
    Mods:
    none
    have you looked into dpf cleaning ?

4. ShawnShady

ShawnShady Member

Car:
    '13 Jetta TDi 6M
    Mods:
    Not enough
    Or you could save some money and buy a slightly used system and save some money.. I just happen to have the Rawtek system with a straight mid-pipe for sale. I also have a GDM egr delete for sale. I don't come here often so reply via text @(904)755-111eight