06 Jetta BRM VNT adjustment

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI forum' started by StormyWardik, Jun 18, 2016.

1. StormyWardik

StormyWardik Member

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    So I've been just driving the jetta around without adjusting the VNT at all for about 500 miles after rebuilding the turbo... I dont have the vag com thingy ... Does anyone know about how much the VNT is supposed to be adjusted? It starts to sound like it's spooling at around 2k RPM while im at around 70MPH... doesn't sound right.. then push the pedal a little and then a little more power and the spooling sound stops... I'm just being lazy...

gtihodi likes this.
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    That is too high. Do you at least have a vac pump w/gauge? That will show you ballpark, DIY is in the FAQ

gtihodi likes this.
  3. StormyWardik

StormyWardik Member

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Yeah I was going to adjust it to open up more in the morning. Still don't know if everyone means lengthen/shorten is about the excess rod or not.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

4. StormyWardik

StormyWardik Member

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I adjusted it the way the DIY said and hits the stop at 18hg..but then I'd have to have the vanes closed more.. herm...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

5. gtihodi

gtihodi New Member

Car:
    06 jetta tdi
    Mods:
    removed egr cooler
    Any ideas about. Adjustment of actuator?my kicks out often and can't find the sweet spot. I made a wrench by slicing a slot and shortening an ignition wrench