VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

-01 Octavia tdi ASV 110, turbo problem.

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Seatman 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello.
when my car had limp mode problems, i located the problem to random sticking vanes. After cleaned it with no luck, i dismantle an piced it apart. It was pretty clean innside, but after a closer inspection i realised only some of the vanes sticking. The reason for this was a rust buildup betveen the ex house and the stainless steel "washer" the vanes moves against, this caused too small tolerance between the nozzle rings and vanes. Cleaned it all up and polished, the vanes now moves freely and smooth. Changed also the core then the car has run 280"km. Adjusted the stop screw 100% the same as the old one(used a small drill betveen the two small pins, and a feeler gauge between the drill and the lever that mooves the vane ting) before i put it all together. Adjusted the actuator so the arm hit the stop screw at 18-19 inHg vac.
When i now drive the car, the boost seems to come a little bit later and it doesn`t respond so quicly as before, but is really stong all the way from about 17-1800 rpm.
When i did a run with VagCom, the asked boost and actually boost are a bit apart from 1200 - 1800 rpm, then rise quickly to about 2150 mbar and climbing to 2200 at 4000rpm, asked and actual pressure follows fine with no big spikes. Duty cycle at max about 68%.
This number seems ok, but i feel a little "lag" at the bottom, and a little slow respons when flooring. As described the optional duty cycle is between 70-80% - nearer 80 is best, and to raise the cycle i has to shorten the actuator rod. Any ideas? Will adjusting the rod do any different to the lag? Stop screw?
In short term, the turbo seems to produce too little boost in low rpm...

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.